If you are a IT management professional over 8-10 years of experience? You need to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Consider getting a PMP (Project Management Professional) certificate.
PMP demonstrates that one has gained enough education and experience to act as seasoned project manager. To be eligible for this certification,
1. Minimum 5 years of project management experience is a prerequisite
2. 4500 hours for project management and at least 35 hours of necessary trainings should be on records
How to get this certificate?
1. Talk to your HR or training department
2. Thy can arrange for initial preparatory trainings before you appear for actual PMP test
3. Once you have passed prep levels, directly take the necessary examinations in PMI.ORG website.
4. To maintain PMP, you need to reassess yourself every 3 years.
It is worth investing on PMP as it is globally recognized.